IF YOU ANSWER YES TO ALL THESE QUESTIONS, YOU MAY APPLY
1. Are you currently teaching at the primary or secondary level (K-12) in the Philippines? Do you have a current and valid PRC teaching license?
3. Do you possess sufficient proficiency and command of the English language to teach effectively?
4. Do you have at least two years full time teaching experience?
5. Are you of good reputation and character?
6. Do you agree to come to the U.S. temporarily (up to three years) as a full time teacher of record in an accredited primary or secondary (K-12) school for SY 2019-20?
DIRECTIONS ON HOW TO APPLY
On the subject line, please use this format:
First Name Last Name. Grade Level. Subject. (Option: Masters)
Examples: Juan De La Cruz. Elementary. All subjects. Masters: SPED
Maria De La Rosa. High School. English
On the message box, please attach your resume in pdf format and tell us your story, answer all:
- Who you are
- Why US school districts will hire you
- What is your biggest why you want to teach in the USA?
2. The contact person will reply to your email and will give you possible scenarios to think about
3. The contact person will send you the next steps
NEW MEXICO ANNUAL SALARY INFORMATION
ANNUAL BASE SALARY
Level 1 → Fewer than 3 full school years experience → $34,000 (license valid for 5 years)
Level 2 → 3 – 5 years experience → $42,000 (license valid for 9 years)
Level 3 → 6 or more years experience → Master’s Degree → $52,000 (license valid for 9 years)
DOCUMENTS NEEDED TO OBTAIN NEW MEXICO TEACHING LICENSE
Teacher's Board Exam Report
PRC ID (Teacher's License)
Original Transcript of Records (2 copies) in sealed envelopes
Certificate/s of Employment
Certification that you are currently teaching (AND for at least two years)
Other Requirements (you will receive them in an email when you start the process)
DOCUMENTS NEEDED FROM TEACHERS WITH NEW MEXICO TEACHING LICENSE
Valid NM Teaching License
Certification that you are currently teaching AND for at least two years
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Why pay for teaching licenses first? Why can't I pass the interview then apply for license?
Teach-USA does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, or. any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on J1 visa qualifications and NM employment needs factors.